Moroccan Dinner Party: Chicken Tagine (Casserole)
This delicious recipe uses Riki Kaspi Spice Journey Moroccan Chicken Tagine Chermoula Simmer Paste to create a Moroccan Tagine.
Share this recipe:
Watch How To Make It
What You Need
- 1 jar of Riki’s Moroccan Chicken Tagine Chermoula Simmer Paste
- 1 kg chicken cutlets (thighs on the bone) or marylands
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tin diced tomato
- 8 prunes cut in half, or any dried fruit
- ½ cup green olives, pitted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Up to 1 tablespoon Riki Kaspi Spice Journey Moroccan Harissa or to taste (optional for chili lovers)
- Fresh coriander leaf chopped for garnish
- 100g toasted slivered almonds
- Riki Kaspi Spice Journey Couscous Kit to serve
- Mix the chicken with the contents of the jar of Chicken Chermoula Moroccan Marinade and set aside to marinate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Fry the onion in the oil until softened in a large heavy saucepan with a lid.
- Add the diced tomato and cook 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken, along with all the marinade, cover and cook for 2 hours on low heat. Halfway through the cooking add the prunes and olives.
- When fully cooked, remove from the heat and skim excess fat from the surface.
- Stir through the honey, cinnamon and the Moroccan Harissa to your taste.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and toasted almonds and serve with Couscous.