Moroccan Chicken Tagine with Chickpeas, Olive & Prunes
This delicious recipe uses Riki’s Moroccan Chicken Tagine Chermoula Simmer Paste to cook authentic Moroccan Chicken Tagine
Share this recipe:
What You Need
- 1 jar of Riki’s Moroccan Chicken Tagine Chermoula Simmer Paste
- 1 kg chicken thighs, large diced (or Chicken Marylands on the bone)
- 2 large onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tin diced tomato
- 400gr chickpeas – soaked overnight and cooked (Or 1 tin of chickpeas)
- ½ cup green olives pitted
- 8 prunes, chopped (or any dried fruit)
- 2 potatoes – Large diced (Or your choice of seasonal vegetables)
- Fresh coriander leaf chopped for garnish
- 1 tbs Riki’s Moroccan Harissa Fresh Chilli Paste (For chilli lovers)
- Mix the chicken with the contents of the jar of Moroccan Chicken Tagine Chermoula Simmer Paste and set aside to marinate for 4 hours or overnight.
- In a large casserole fry the onion in the oil until softened
- Add the diced tomato and cook for additional 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken thighs mixed with Riki’s Moroccan Chicken Tagine Chermoula Simmer Paste, cover and cook for 40m on low heat (Or until tender & ready).
- Halfway through the cooking add the prunes and olives.
- When fully cooked, remove from the heat and skim excess fat from the surface.
How To Serve
- Garnish with fresh coriander
- Serve with: Riki’s Moroccan Couscous Kit (or with rice)