What You Need
This recipe can be served up to 4 persons.
For the salad you need:
- 2 cups dried chickpeas – Soaked overnight, cooked until soft (or 1 tin of chickpeas)
- 2 small cucumbers – Deseeded and small diced
- 2 ripe tomatoes – Deseeded and small diced
- 6 radish – Sliced
- 1 red capsicum – Seeded and diced
- 4 spring onions – Finely diced
- ½ cup flat parsley – Coarsely chopped
- 1 cup mint – Finely shredded
- ½ preserved lemon (skin only) – Cut into small dice
For the salad dressing you need:
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 tsp Riki’s Ras el Hanut
- 1 lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- In a small bowl, whisk all dressing ingredients well to combine.
- Add cooked chickpeas and mix well. Let it marinate for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix the salad vegetables, chickpeas, and herbs
- Place on a serving dish, sprinkle with olive oil and serve.