Egyptian Dukkah Crusted Prawns with Cabbage Salad
Crispy coated, succulent prawns combine with the freshness of salad in this popular recipe that’s sure to please.
Share this recipe:
What You Need
Crusted Prawns Ingredients
- 24 whole prawns, heads removed, cleaned and peeled with tails left on
- Sea salt
- 100g pouch of Riki’s Egyptian Dukkah Roasted Spices, Seeds & nuts
- 2 cups of ‘panko’ breadcrumbs
- 3 free range eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 150g plain flour
- Enough canola oil to shallow fry
- ½ Savoy cabbage, finely shredded
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup shredded mint
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves
- Juice of 1 or 2 lemons
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- sea salt to taste
Cabbage salad Instructions
- Mix together the shredded cabbage, onion and herbs
- Whisk lemon juice, garlic, salt and oil together until combined, add to the cabbage and toss well to coat evenly
- Season the prawns with salt.
- Mix the Egyptian Dukkah with the breadcrumbs and place into a bowl.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together and place into another bowl.
- Dust the prawns with the flour then dip each one into the egg mix then into the Dukkah mix until evenly coated.
- Heat the oil in a frypan to medium heat and fry the prawns in batches until golden in colour approximately 1 minute each side. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve immediately with cabbage salad
Egyptian Dukkah Alternative Suggestions
- Serve a bowl of Riki’s Egyptian Dukkah with a separate bowl of good quality extra virgin olive oil and fresh crusty bread. Dip the bread into the oil then into the Dukkah for a tasty, healthy appetiser.
- Use as a coating for prawns, chicken schnitzel or lamb cutlets.
- Sprinkle overs salads or cooked dishes to provide a delicious element of crunch.